6.01.2008

good news bad news

HORRAY!!!! After months of waiting for the window of opportunity to present itself, I finally had the HSG done! I feel like lighting off fireworks! Finally!

How odd it is to see your insides on live TV! It was kind of creepy to see my pelvis bones on live TV. Fallopian tubes are funny. Before all this HSG shit, I thought fallopian tubes were as straight as the textbooks in health class showed. Knowing that we've been having unprotected sex for 5 years resulting in no baby, I expected to see a couple of curly Q fries with corkscrew curves. They weren't THAT bad, but they did look kind of like winding creeks you can sometimes see out of an airplane window. The cramping was non-existant when he first put the catheter in. When he injected the dye, however, I could feel it and yeah... cramp city. It was a familiar cramp though... nothing I hadn't felt before during some of my periods.

Well, the right side looked fine. The dye spilled out normally. My left side looked "funny." There was some odd spillage and the other doctor reading the screen asked if the catheter was coming out. When I heard that I thought, "Aw shit! Not again!" I immeditely wondered if I should have invested in those Ben Wah balls I saw at a recent "adult toy" party a friend of mine had. Maybe I should have trained my cooch beforehand to hold things in better!!! Luckily the catheter didn't come out... but my doctor kept looking at my left side. He thought there could be a polyp but he wasn't sure.

When the proceedure was over he told me to stop by his office next week for a follow-up and he would know more by then. He said he might have to schedule a Hystero... something. Hysteroscopy? Ugggg... I'm really starting to hate those women who say, "I'm very fertile. All my husband has to do is LOOK at me and I'm pregnant... tee hee!" I just wanna smash their faces into a brick wall.

Anyhoo...yeah...One more thing. I completely forgot about this interesting incident that happed to me almost 3 years ago. I had a woman come over to my house to read tea leaves for me. Part of me was skeptical of her psychic abilities. Part of me was extremely curious. Before she told me what her tea leaves said, she asked if I wanted just good news or the good AND the bad (of course I'm gonna want to know the bad too! Come on! Wouldn't you??) She said there were 12 relatives who have passed on that were watching over me. 7 women and 5 men. They were all awed at what I was doing and curious to know where I was going next. They sometimes crowd around me while I sleep to watch me (creepy, yet comforting) and "thats why sometimes you wake up gasping for breath in the middle of the night" (which was true). "They're getting too close! Haha...all you have to do is tell them you need a little more room and they'll back away."


She said that I would "experience a significant loss in a year and a half... could be a car, could be something like an important job... it could be a family member. But it will happen in the Spring a year and a half from now." A year and a half later, in May, I lost my grandma after a sudden stroke. Didn't see it coming.



I asked if I was ever going to have kids. The leaves told her that there was a "hole" in my left side regarding that. "Yeah... theres definitely a hole. A hole could mean a literal hole... but it could also mean just something wrong in general. Its definitely on your left side. Just see a doctor and it can be fixed. After that you will have kids." Innnteresting.

This tea leaf reading suddenly popped into my head this morning and I was like, "Ohhh myyy goddd!" EVERYTHING she said that would happen to me came true so far! There were other things she said but I'd have to look in my past diaries to find out what they were....but holy shit, eh?!?!

2 comments:

Rita said...

here's to hoping, sister!
Sending you positive vibes
Rita

Shinejil said...

Let's hope it's all in the tea leaves! Good news on the HSG, and don't worry: hysteroscopy is a cinch. You'll have no trouble. If it is a polyp, it's very, very easy to take care of.

Keep us updated!