3.26.2008

spring cleaning poetry slam


Ahhh yes, Spring has arrived... though nothing has actually sprung yet. Geese are flocking back home and the calendar says its Spring but the earth still sleeps. I enjoy the change of seasons. *this is the part where you sit back, take a sip of your coffee or other warm beverage of choice, and reflect on the warm, sweet breezes and chirping birds of Spring* Ahhhh....



So my uterus finally did some shedding of the blood clots she has been holding onto so dearly. (That was gross. Sorry, I enjoy shock value tee hee) Now I get to have my uterus injected with dye (sarchastic "yay!") so my doctor can peer into it! Who knows what he'll find, but I picture bats flying around and cobwebs clinging to each dark corner of an empty cavern.


"ECHO!! ECHO! Echo! echo! echo ech ec e"


Maybe he can do a little dusting while he's in there... you know, a little Spring cleaning!




Though Spring is lovely, it is also the ultimate reminder (slap in the face, if you will) of the fact that I don't have children or am not "of child" (that phrase continues to crack me up). I mean, during Spring it seems as though EVERYONE and EVERYTHING is bloated and pregnant! How depressing.




I wrote a poem on this subject last year. I think I'll share it with you, whoever is reading this. A little background info: In my culture the Moon, who is considered our "grandmother", is responsible for the cycles of the women.






~Untouched~




Grandmother Moon


throws her shadows


down my cheek merging


glistening wet




Spring swells


I am


pelted


with Vernal images of


bloating streams of


Robin's tango of


mud's nourishment - Growth


prepared




Dorment I remain - A winter state


forced upon me


by fate - Branded


by chance - Unlucky


by mistake - Forgotten,


I have no choice


and She passes me by




No comments: