2.28.2008

all I have to do is dream

February 19, 2008
So things seem to be at a standstill. Miss Bird Brain couldn't make an appointment for 'one of those things' so I have to wait ... and wait... and wait for my next menstral cycle. My life is on hold waiting for my "cycle" to get its act together. I feel like the world revolves around the shedding of my uterus - as if it had the power to stop time and, for some reason, it takes pleasure in teasing me! "Ha ha! You can't make me! Nya nya nya nya nya!!!"

Whatever.

I said this before, but... A popular belief among people of my tribe is that a baby picks its parents before they are even born. Some women swear that they dream about their children just before they find out they're pregnant. I don't know what to think about when I hear these things... but it gives me some comfort.

Another dream last night:
In my dream someone told me that there was this baby in the other room. I went to see it and it was sleeping. As I looked down at it (don't know if it was a he or a she) its eyes opened. It looked at me... and then gave me the biggest smile. For some reason, I had a feeling that it was choosing me to be its mom. I knew it was mine.
This was a very short dream.

1 comment:

Shinejil said...

Wow! What a wonderful dream. I've actually had a similar one, a while back, though it was much longer and more involved. When I finally looked into the eyes of the child in my dream, I felt this flood of absolute pure love unlike anything else I've ever known in my life. It was amazing. I can't help but feel these dreams bode well for both of us.

There's a similar sentiment to your people's belief that I've heard in Russia. Russians often say that we don't choose to have children, they choose to have us.