2.01.2008

...my heart leaps and the ride begins

I feel like I just got on a big, scary ride. Let me take you along. A typical time line of events goes like this... You see the commercials for the newest, biggest, fastest roller coaster at a nearby amusement park. You get excited and start making plans to go. Time goes by and suddenly you're actually in line for it and the excitement swells. As your line winds around for the 50th time in the hot sun, you catch a glimps of the first drop up close. It doesn't sit well with you. You start fiddling. Excitment turns to nervousness. The line winds up a small flight of stairs and makes its way to a chain of cars. You could easily turn around and leave but something inside pushes you forward. You finally sit down in a hard, uncomfortable seat. Just as the safety bar clicks abruptly over your shoulders you change your mind and are jolted forward. All you can do is wonder how you got there in the first place.



This is how I feel at the thought of going through this whole fertility testing stuff. After doing the "Baby Dance" with my husband for... I don't know... say 5 years without results, it was finally time to take the first steps in finding out what exactly was wrong with this picture. That was last October. I have my first hysterosalpingogram in a few weeks and I am nervous. What the hell is that?!?! Ahhhh... still wanna come along for the ride?



Oh, but this is just the beginning...

No comments: