2.02.2008

ho ho ho! jolly saint gynocologist

October 11, 2007

Another new development: I finally went to a gynacologist for one of those fun check ups. Why the hell am I not pregnant after 4 years??! Why the hell didn't I go earlier?? I'm not afraid of going... I think I was just afraid of what the doctor might find. *Thats good Sadie, put your head in the sand why don't you!*

Dr. B is really nice. He made me feel comfortable. Picture a big ... uh... picture a big, jolly Santa Clause minus the red suit! Ok, thats a little scary to picture... but that is what comes to mind when trying to describe Dr. B. He jokes around and makes me laugh. He said my uterus felt a little enlarged but he couldn't quite tell for sure cuz I was extremely ticklish when he pressed on my lower abdomen. (Oh my god I HATE being touched down there! I'm not uncomfortable... just wicked ticklish!!! I don't even let my husband touch me there without screaming and trying to wiggle away!) He sent me to a radiologist to have a sonogram done. That was odd. It was a "vaginal" sonogram. Some girl had to basically shove a dildo-shaped device covered with a latex glove "up there" and move it around. I was more embarrassed for her sake! What a job to have! Hey, if it pays...

ANYWAY... I also have to take my temperatures every morning with a Basal Thermometer. I gotta start doing that after I get my next period ...who knows when that will be... could be 1 month, 4 or 7 months from now! (yes, I've gone 7 months without seeing a trace of a period). This baby making process is DAMN SLOW!

I left Dr. B's office feeling relieved and good with the new journey I've started. Will I get pregnant? Will there be a baby in 2008?? How odd to think about. I left with the feeling of someone being on my side. He left me with these words, "Well, we'll do some blood work on you and do some tests...and we'll see if we can get ya a little bambino!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your blog on Stirrup Queens and thought I'd say hello. So, um, hello!

You'll get used to riding the dildocam soon enough, I'm afraid. As for your missing periods, sounds like the hallmark of PCOS. And I highly recommend you see a reproductive endocrinologist for your care if there's one available in your area, rather than a gynecologist. Gyne's do not have the medical background for infertility treatment beyond the basics (yes, they can run tests and the like, but anything beyond that makes me very suspect!) It's not dissimilar to seeing a pediatrician for neurological symptoms...it's all medicine, but very different fields of expertise.

Some people swear by Fertilty Friend for BBTs, but I preferred Taking Charge of Your Fertility (aka ovusoft.com). Let us know how it goes!

Shinejil said...

Hello, Sadie Marie! You're doing the right thing by getting more info on what's going on. Hell, you may even feel better once you learn what's up.

If there is a reproductive endocrinologist around, see if you can get an appointment. Even though IF treatments aren't covered by most insurance, consults with REs often are. I live in East Jesus, but we have an RE who trots through town twice a month for consults.

Rita said...

you might want to have your hormone levels checked - especially because of the secretions from the nipple...
Glad to meet you
Rita